- Life – generally speaking we are both conceived and born in a bed
- Death – once again, generally speaking we die in beds (also Coffins resemble beds- personal opinion)
- Relaxation – Comfort
- Gaming – for example: My TV is at the foot of my bed so I can TV and play games from the comfort of my bed
- Work- for example: I do most of my university work on my bed. There is more room to spread out rather than on the desk, is far more comfortable and comfortable.
- Sleep – Dreaming
- Sex – generally speaking this is the most common place to have sex and is normally the place were we loose our virginity.
- Entertainment comfort
Beds are used for many things, other than just sleeping. So, how will I link these into my photography project? I think it is time to research photographers who have used or included the bed as a subject matter.
I have a few concepts that are bouncing around in my head at the moment, such as photographing the day to day aspects that occur on my bed, perhaps doing this in a minimalist manner – still life perhaps to stand in for the actual people or everyday subject. These are things to consider along side research.