The other day I had a formative review for the Narrative project, I was really nervous about showing my video and considering I was thinking about changing my idea. However I am happy that I showed https://blackthornphotography.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/narrative-experiment-i-built-a-bed/
Here are the notes from the formative review that one of my peers kindly wrote down whilst I was talking and listening to the lectures:
* It links to silent movie soundtracks, maybe explore that process of black and white.
* Great material, could do with be editing further, the footage is great.
* Title “you cheeky monkey.”??? – because of what John says (he actually said you cheeky little shit)
* Look at Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin.
* On the Times website is the 10 best silent movies.
* Look at beds in general, beds are an iconic object.
* Book: Suburbia by Bill Owens. – reference to a bed being a symbol of sex. Private and then public by nature.
* Look at a tableau image to try and tell a story in one frame
I am going to be building off of the lectures and my peers feed back from that review. I am very please and I quite like the concept of basing my project around beds. It is something that we often over look. I personally think that I was trying to make my project a little too complicated, or more to the point, I was over thinking it.
First thing first I think is to research beds, then go on from there and research what has been suggested to me.